I do love the Slimming World ‘Extra Easy’ weight loss plan.
It’s, er, extra easy!
The clever clogs at SW HQ have done all the thinking – so I don’t have to – and so long as I stick to the plan, my weight loss is guaranteed.
And I get to enjoy dishes like this for breakfast. Or dessert. Ooh, dessert for breakfast – now that’s my kinda meal!
Baked Apples and Mincemeat
- 225g apple
- 1 tablespoon of mincemeat
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
I’m not sure what apples Slimming World were weighing, but they must have been HUGE! I grabbed these two from my fruit bowl and together they weighed only 231g.
- Using an apple corer to remove the core from each apple.
- (I then sliced a little of the bottom of each core and used to ‘plug’ the bottom of the apple).
- Measure (don’t guess!) a tablespoon of mincemeat and fill your apple(s).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Using a sharp knife, score around the apple middle to prevent any baked apple explosions (!) and bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
Oh these taste so good.
The mincemeat oozes out of the deliciously soft and squishy apple leaving a rich sticky caramel to scrape off your plate
I enjoy these as a breakfast, but topped with a thick and creamy fat free Greek yoghurt they’d make a great dessert too!
Slimming World Healthy Extra ‘B’ Choices are foods that are high in fibre or contain important nutrients for a healthy balanced diet.
On the Slimming World plan, you can have 225g of baked apple(s) + 1 level tbsp of mincemeat as your daily HexB choice.
Don’t skip them… enjoy them!