Pancakes are quite possibly my most favourite breakfast of all. Sweet pancakes, savoury pancakes – I love them all!
Maybe it’s the indulgence of a lazy weekend morning… whipping up a batch of pancakes whilst singing along to the sound dock as the kids play in the other room. Maybe it’s the warmth on a chilly morning that kick-starts the day. Or maybe, it’s because I can eat an entire STACK of these little beauties knowing that I am starting my day 100% on track with my weight loss plan.
- 35g of porridge oats
- 1 fat-free Muller Light yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- In a bowl, lightly whisk your 3 eggs until the white and yolk are all blended together
- Add your oats and stir to evenly combine
- Pour in the yoghurt and stir
- Lightly spritz a non-stick frying pan with an even coating of Fry Light
- Drop one tablespoon of pancake mix into your hot pan
- Use the back of your spoon to smooth out into an even layer and shape
- Leave for 2 - 3 minutes
- Using a spatula, gently tease the edges of your pancake to loosen from the pan before flipping over
- Cook for a further minute until golden
I love my pancakes served simply with fresh fruit and 100% pure maple syrup (3 syns for 6 teaspoons on Slimming World).
Tip: serve your maple syrup in an egg cup, that way it won’t soak through all your pancakes and will go a lot further
These are also great served with lean bacon and a softly-cooked poached egg on top!
You can use any flavour Muller Light yoghurt you wish, but I prefer the toffee variety. Not only does it look pancake-coloured and you are not left with some crazy pink creation, but it also have a very subtle taste that means you can add almost any topping you wish.
Oh, and don’t be tempted to poke and prod your pancakes whilst they are in the pan. You will end up with a scrambled mess!
What is your favourite pancake topping?