Just because you are on a weight loss journey, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t indulge your sweet tooth every
once in a while day. In fact, one thing this journey has taught me is that you SHOULD enjoy all the things you love… but in moderation
I’m a real dessert girl and love to have ‘something sweet’ after my dinner and this delicious Strawberry Trifle Recipe is not only very easy to make, but it’s also low in syns making it a great treat for anyone looking after themselves.
As with most healthier alternative recipes, this is not exactly as you would make if you were not worried about calories, fat content or syn values – but it’s still a great pudding the whole family can enjoy.
I’ve chosen strawberry flavour and decorated with extra fruit on top for extra goodness, but you could change this up for any fruit of your choice or even decorate with a light dusting of grated chocolate or vermicelli sprinkles.
My Slimming World Trifle Recipe
Actually, I feel a bit of a fraud calling this a recipe, because it’s more like a few ingredients thrown together but, shhh…. it looks like I’ve spent hours in the kitchen!
8 large fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 sachet sugar free strawberry jelly, made up per instructions
150g reduced fat, ready made custard
Tbsp creme fraiche
Extra strawberry to decorate
- Layer your chopped strawberries in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Pour over jelly mix, just enough to cover
- Place bowl in fridge for 20-30 minutes to set
- Remove from fridge and top up with remaining jelly (this gives you a nice jelly layer and stops the fruit floating).
- Return to fridge until set
- Spoon over a layer of reduced fat custard
- Decorate with a generous dollop of creme fraiche and a sliced strawberry
When making up your jelly, use just enough boiling water to dissolve the crystals then top up with iced water. It helps the jelly set faster!
3.5 per serving on Slimming World Extra Easy plan.