Firstly, please excuse the bad lighting and poor quality photo.
But delicious buttery hot pasta and garlic prawns waits for no
man woman. I’ve gotta snap quick and eat this plate o’yum
I’m often asked what food I eat on my weight loss journey (and now my maintenance stage). Honestly, I don’t think my menu is that exciting, but I totally get how it helps to see a ‘real mum’ and her progress, as opposed to some text book guide telling us what we should eat.
Also, it’s important to note I eat ‘real food’ and cook meals the whole family can enjoy. I make healthy substitutes where I can, but this dish was just screaming out for real butter! So that’s what I used… but olive oil would work well too. The secret? Be sure to count those indulgences into your weight loss plan
Chilli, Garlic & Prawn Linguine
- 20g butter
- 2 red chillis finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g rocket (also known as arugula)
- King prawns (allow a minimum of 5 per person)**
- Linguine pasta
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a frying pan, gently melt the butter and pour into a small bowl
- Add your prawns, garlic and chilli to the melted butter and stir until evenly coated. Let the flavours infuse.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your linguine.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, transfer your buttery prawns back to your frying pan and stir until cooked through.
- Add the rocket to your pan and remove the pan from the heat. (The rocket will wilt like spinach).
- Drain the linguine, season with salt and pepper and toss into your frying pan.
- Stir all together to coat your linguine with your buttery, garlicky, chilli mix
*** King prawns are so good, but SO expensive. If feeding a large family or to stretch the finances further, mix your king prawns with some smaller regular prawns like I did for extra deliciousness on a budget
From packet to plate in under 10 minutes. Now THAT is what I call fast food!
Slimming World Info:
If you’re following the Slimming World Extra Easy plan this dish would be just 3 syns per portion (for the butter). All other ingredients are ‘free!
Why not make some healthy garlic bread using sliced wholemeal bread and Garlic Frylight. Don’t forget to save some syns for a cheeky glass of wine, too!