Don’t you just love those recipes that are so quick and easy to make, use up random leftovers lurking in the fridge and that the whole family will love? Me, too! Sadly, they have become a bit of a rarity these days, which is why I got a little excited about this delicious omelette pizza.
I’ve shared my omelette pizza recipe below, but please, use this as a guideline. Get creative! There are so many ways you can change this up to suit you and the ingredients you have to hand
(For the base)
- Fry Light
- 3 eggs
- Splash milk (I use skimmed)
- Salt and pepper to season
(For the toppings)
Now you can use whatever you like, but I chose:
- 2 tablespoons tomato passata
- Wafer-thin, lean ham. Roughly torn into small pieces
- Chesnut mushrooms, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Mini plum tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 40g light cheddar cheese, grated
To Make Your Pizza Omelette
- Begin by pre-heating your grill and a frying pan
- In a bowl, whisk together your 3 eggs, splash of milk and seasoning
- Spritz the base of your frying pan with Fry Light and pour in your egg mix
- Leave to cook for a few minutes, until the base is set and the top still slightly loose
- Pop under your hot grill for just a moment to lightly set the top, and remove from grill
(At this point, it’s a really good idea to gently lift the sides of your omelette away from the pan and ensure it’s not stuck to the base. You may find the sides have gone a little crispy (yum!) so you can gently pull and lift with your fingers or a spatula).
- Cover your omelette base with your preferred pizza toppings and finish with a sprinkle of cheese
- Return to the grill and cook until the cheese has melted and turned golden in colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
I prefer my omelette pizza to have a flat base, so I used an 11 inch frying pan and let the egg mix set nice and flat. If you prefer a more fluffy base, use a smaller pan and lightly whisk the egg mix whilst it is setting.
Slimming World Info:
If you’re following the Slimming World Extra Easy plan, this omelette pizza is FREE** on the Extra Easy plan!
**Remember to count your cheese as your daily HexA choice / deduct your milk from your HexA allowance, otherwise count their respective syns. All other ingredients are FREE. Source: SW app.
The beauty of this omelette pizza is that it is so versatile.
Have it for breakfast with lean bacon, mushrooms and a side of baked beans.
Enjoy for lunch or dinner, too – try with delicious syn-free or low-syn barbecue sauce and shredded chicken.
So many possibilities!
How will you top yours?