Not many breakfast dishes actually require written instruction. In fact, I’m pretty sure this barely even counts as a recipe. But sometimes, when on a weight loss journey, just seeing what others are eating, their food optimising combinations and how delicious weight loss meals can be – can be the difference between success and failure in your journey.
Today, I enjoyed this awesome french toast breakfast. It was quite possibly one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a long while. It tasted like dessert for breakfast! I couldn’t not share this with you!
Slimming World French Toast
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf)
- 1 egg
- Splash milk
- 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- Mixed berries (I used frozen berries, defrosted)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together your egg and splash of milk
- Cut your bread in half diagonally and dip into egg
- Place into non-stick frying pan and cook until golden
- Serve with a generous portion of fat-free Greek yoghurt and mixed berries
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon
Slimming World syns value:
For this recipe I counted my bread as my daily HexB choice, and the milk came from my HexA allowance. 1 tbsp of maple syrup is 2 syns. All other ingredients are free / super free.