You know what I love about eggs? Apart from the fact they are utterly delicious… they are the ultimate FAST food and so versatile!
Take my scrambled eggs with sausage and thyme for example. Perfect for breakfast, but great for lunch boxes or a light supper, too. Wrap a little baking paper round and you’ve got a great snack on-the-go!
Scrambled Eggs With Sausage & Thyme
- 2 ‘Happy Co’ eggs
- Splash of milk
- 2 sausages, cooked & sliced (I used Chicken Italia sausages)
- 2 chesnut musrooms, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped from stalks
- Salt and pepper
- Tsp olive oil
- 1 wholemeal tortilla wrap
- In a small frying pan, heat your olive oil and part-cook your mushrooms until soft and lightly coloured
- Add the tomatoes and sausages to warm through
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, seasoning and thyme and pour into pan
- Allow to sit for just a moment until the base begins to set
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir the egg mix to scramble
- Fold a tortilla wrap in half and in half again, and serve your scramble in a tortilla cone
Tell me, what is your favourite scrambled egg combination?
This post was brought to you in association with The Happy Egg Co. #happyeggtastemakers