Happy New Year, my friends!
I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year’s Eve and by now are feeling fully recovered!
We spent the evening with our kiddos, since Thomas (7) wanted to see if he could stay awake until midnight. He did – and beyond! We enjoyed a lovely family meal, some fun card games – ooh, and watched the utterly gorgeous Gary Barlow singing in the New Year. At midnight, we headed out into the street to watch the fireworks. There were so many! Did you get up to anything fun?
I love this time of year. A new start… a chance to hit the re-set button and refocus on the year ahead. And, as is customary at the start of a new year, I too have my own little list of goals and dreams for 2014.
1. Lose 50lbs and spend the lazy hazy days of summer frolicking in a bikini without a care in the world. Okay, I may not (reality check: will not) achieve all of that by THIS summer, but I should be more than half-way there. Ugh, I am so OVER feeling this way.
2. Get braces. Teenagers, take heed: when your orthodontist tells you to wear your retainers – you wear them. Or, like me… your teeth will slowly move out of place and you will be sweet-talkin’ your Hubby into letting you spend a small fortune on corrective dental treatment. During the past couple of years, I have become so self-conscious about my teeth, more so than my weight gain, that it’s holding me back. I hate having pictures taken. I rarely share a selfie. I hit delete on my Camera Roll more than I save. It’s time for me to get them fixed. Again.
3. Take more photos. Camera… iPhone… whatever. You know what they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. Join me on Instagram and follow along!
4. Learn how to use my camera. For Christmas, Hubby upgraded my camera (how awesome is that, right?!) from the Canon 1100D to Canon 600D. It’s a beautiful piece of kit, but I just know I’m not using it to it’s full potential. First task… read the manual that came with it
5. Go on more adventures. Last year, we bought our first tent and went on some family camping adventures. We had so much fun! I can’t wait to discover more great camping sites and enjoy some quality family time together.
6. Save. Starting with £1, I am doing the 52-week savings challenge. I know the money will certainly come in handy at the end of the year! If you’d like to join in, click the link for a free printable chart of your own.
7. Grow One Busy WAHM. Since starting OBW in May, it has been an honour to connect with so many fabulous people. Readers (you!) have visited from over 125 countries and along with your amazingly kind comments and emails are the #1 reason I love blogging as much as I do! I’ve also been blessed to work with some fabulous companies throughout the year and I cannot wait to further develop these relationships in 2014! I think a bloggy-makeover will also be on the cards this year… watch this space
Happy New Year, my friends. Welcome to 2014!
This is gonna be a good year. I know it.
And you’re going to have a great year too!
Do you have any resolutions, plans or goals for 2014? Let me know in the comments and we can cheer each other on!