Earlier this week, I received a blog comment from a reader (Hi, Farienne!) asking if I had a recipe for chocolate cake pop batter, and if I’d share?
Well, Farienne… yes I do and yes I will
Making chocolate cake pop batter is very simple, and requires just a slight modification to my original cake pop batter recipe.
Chocolate Cake Pop Batter
Eggs (1 per 12 cake pops required)
- Weigh your eggs in their shells, and make a note of this weight. Set your eggs safely aside.
- Weigh your margarine to the same weight as your eggs.
- Weigh your caster sugar to the same weight as your eggs.
- Weigh 1/3rd of your egg weight in cocoa powder
- Weigh 2/3rds of your egg weight in self-raising flour
- Beat together your margarine and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Lightly whisk your eggs before slowly adding and blending into your mixture.
- Add your flour and cocoa powder a spoonful at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Brush your pre-heated Cake Pop Maker with oil, and add a teaspoon of your mixture to each of the wells.
- Cook for 4 mins before removing gently and promptly.
The beauty of this recipe method, is that it works PERFECTLY each and EVERY time, regardless of what quantity or size eggs you use. How cool is that?!
Farienne, thank you for visiting the blog, raising such a great question and being part of this wonderful community!
I do hope you’ll now grab a and go enjoy some chocolate cake pops!
PS. Happy Monday! I hope you have a great week!