Homemade quiche regularly appears on our dinner table. It’s so quick and easy to make and is a great way to use up leftovers.
My ‘skinny’ quiche is a great crustless quiche alternative for when you’re looking to cut-back on pastry and watch your weight.
Here, I’ve used silicone cupcake cases to make individual portions. Any left overs are perfect for lunch boxes or snacks the next day!
You will need:
- 1 egg per case
- Splash of milk
- Salt and pepper to season
- Selection of chopped up meat or veggies (I’ve used ham and mushroom)
- Pre-heat your oven to 170c
- Lay your silicone cases on a baking tray – so you can easily move them to the oven
- Evenly spread your meat or veggie fillings amongst the cases
- In a large bowl, crack all your eggs and whisk lightly with a fork
- Add a large splash of milk
- Season well
- Pour the mix into the cases over the toppings
- Pop in the oven at 170C for 10-15 minutes or until set
See… how simple is that?!
Here, we love quiche served with salad, hot potatoes and brown sauce. Mmm! How do you eat yours?